Grilled Pedro Steaks
Grilled Pedro Steak
Author: Ryan Eaves
- 2 Pedro steaks (about 1 lbs each)
- ¼ cup dark chili powder
- ¼ cup coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 20 manilla or littleneck clams
- 4 oz linguiça sausage
- 2 12-ounce cans of lager-style beer
- ½ cup Chimichurri
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Pommes Frites
- Charred Tomatoes
- 4 lime wedges, for serving
- Ignite grill for high heat
- Combine the dark chili powder, coarsely ground black pepper, and cayenne in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Liberally season both sides of the steaks with salt and then rub with the Three Pepper Rub.
- Grill the steaks over high direct heat to desired doneness. For medium rare, grill for 3 minutes on the first side, then flip for 3 minutes, then repeat one more time on each side.
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a large sauce pan or pot and add the linguiça. Allow the linguiça to brown slightly and then add the garlic. Wait about a minute, then add the clams. Wait another minute and then add 1 can of the beer. Cover the pan and allow the clams to steam for about 4-5 minutes until most of them are opened. If any clams do not open, then discard them.
- Remove the pan from heat and pour in 2 ounces of the second beer. Stir in the chimichurri and add the butter and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir so that the butter melts and the seasoning mixes in well.
- To serve, spoon the sauce with the clams and sausage on the center of each plate. Drop a handful of pommes frites into the middle of the sauce and then place the grilled steaks over the frites. Finish by spooning the charred tomatoes over the steaks and serve with the lime wedge.